I started out with purple, gray and black scraps. Cut them into 5 inch squares and laid them out according to my index-card-sketch. This quilt was my inspiration.
Sewed them all together and bought a piece of purple cotton to put on the back. I stenciled on four hearts in each square and began to hand-quilt. It took a little longer than I'd figured. I was still hand-quilting the night before her going-away party, Saturday--but I got 'r done. Saturday morning I added the binding and threw the finished piece into the washer and dryer.
I think it turned out pretty cute. Most importantly, Mandy loved it! = )