Sunday, April 3, 2011

Quilted Prayers

    One thing I like to do, when I'm working on a project for someone, is to pray for them. I began doing this almost 10 years ago when I started a cross stitch sampler for a young lady I had a feeling would one day be my daughter-in-law. Adam and Hannah will celebrate 6 years of marriage this summer!

    My first quilt is being made for the room where my grandchildren will sleep--both for naps and when they spend the night. Oh, how this brings tears to my eyes. The privilege I have to grandmother precious babes God created and brought into this world. I count it an important responsibility, as well as an amazing gift, to be able to pray for my grandkids. I will continue to do so until the day I die--whether they are babes-in-arms or have babes-in-arms of their own. I regularly intercede on their behalf to our great and loving Father.

    I pray He will bless them with life, purpose, and health ... but mostly with a saving knowledge of His glorious Son, Jesus. I pray "... that Christ may dwell in [their] hearts through faith.  And I pray that [they], being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that [they] may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God." (Eph. 3:17-19)

No comments: